Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Red Cabbage Scramble

Red Cabbage has always been my husbands favorite. I never thought of offering it to my toddler. But one day she snatched a shred from my plate and loved it. Simple to make and nutritious too. I now make it at least once a week if not more.
You will need :

A quarter of Red Cabbage
Half an onion
A tablespoon of oil
A pinch of salt

Lets Begin:
  - Wash and dry the cabbage. Cut into 1 to 2 inch long shreds.
  - Heat the oil. Add onion and saute till wilted.
  - Add cabbage shreds. Mix well.
  - Add a pinch of salt. 
  - Cover and cook till cabbage becomes soft. The color of the cabbage will change to a different shade of purple.

Nutritional facts:
  Low in saturated fats and Cholesterol
  High in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Dietary Fiber, Folate

No comments:

Post a Comment